Almost 300 backpacks were filled with school supplies and hygiene items on Thursday at the Navy recruiting station for Carson City students. The backpacks will go to all schools in the Carson City School District as well as Capital City Circles and Child Protective Services. Soroptimist International of Carson City and Platinum Plus Salon & Spa sponsor the annual fundraiser.
Trending in: Local News
- Lake Tahoe fire cameras track some from King FIre in El Dorado County
- Get Healthy Carson City: Get active with kids during Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- Carson City Airport Authority crafts capital plan
- Nordyke Ranch House in Yerington listed in State Register of Historic Places
- America’s Best Communities campaign to benefit rural America