Construction on the Carson Mall parking lot on Friday. Work was taking place on the parking lot where Sportsman’s Warehouse will be opening in March or April. The tenant will occupy nearly 43,000 square feet of space in the mall. Last month, Sportsman’s Warehouse submitted extensive plans detailing a remodel of the entire interior of the south side of the mall. The plan calls for secure areas planned for firearms and ammunition storage and what appears to be an indoor archery range. It also includes changes to electrical, fire and sprinkler systems, electrical work and bathroom remodels.
- Carson City Assemblyman Pete Livermore remembered for public service
- State of Nevada agency budgets seek elimination of state worker furloughs
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Four arrested on supsicion of maintaining a drug house
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Northern Nevada
- The history of the Nevada state flag