Construction on the Carson Mall parking lot on Friday. Work was taking place on the parking lot where Sportsman’s Warehouse will be opening in March or April. The tenant will occupy nearly 43,000 square feet of space in the mall. Last month, Sportsman’s Warehouse submitted extensive plans detailing a remodel of the entire interior of the south side of the mall. The plan calls for secure areas planned for firearms and ammunition storage and what appears to be an indoor archery range. It also includes changes to electrical, fire and sprinkler systems, electrical work and bathroom remodels.
Work at Mall intensifies
Trending in: Local News
- Annual Taste of Downtown takes over Carson City
- Smoke coming from Southern California fires
- Carson City's FISH going through renovation
- American Century Championship notebook: San Jose Sharks star Joe Pavelski strong in debut
- Teen entrepreneurship program gives Boys & Girls Club members chance to help local businesses