Construction on the Carson Mall parking lot on Friday. Work was taking place on the parking lot where Sportsman’s Warehouse will be opening in March or April. The tenant will occupy nearly 43,000 square feet of space in the mall. Last month, Sportsman’s Warehouse submitted extensive plans detailing a remodel of the entire interior of the south side of the mall. The plan calls for secure areas planned for firearms and ammunition storage and what appears to be an indoor archery range. It also includes changes to electrical, fire and sprinkler systems, electrical work and bathroom remodels.
Work at Mall intensifies
Trending in: Local News
- State pulls teens from Rite of Passage-Silver State Academy after riot
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office seeking Bruce Hutter
- Carson City’s Empire Ranch files for bankruptcy, course doing better
- Nevada Legislature: PERS ‘hybrid’ plan supported, criticized
- Gov. Brian Sandoval signs school bond rollover measure