Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Nevada Legislature: Public employees protest bill to change PERS
- Nevada Legislature: Wheeler, Knecht roll out budget plan with no tax hikes
- Michael Hohl Subaru 'shares the love' with Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada
- Carson City Sheriff's Log: Man arrested on suspicion of sexual assault with a minor
- Restoring historic Stewart Indian School a priority for lawmakers