Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Empire Ranch bankruptcy case in Carson City still ongoing
- Suspected drug house in Carson City raided; six arrests
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure
- Two killed in single-engine plane crash in South Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Nevada State Archives set to celebrate 50 years