Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Carson City man arrested with 50 marijuana plants
- Fourth of July events for Northern Nevada
- Flood advisory issued for Carson City, Mound House and Dayton
- New York Yankees, Milwaukee Brewers sign former Western Nevada College players
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Montana woman arrested on suspicion of grand larceny