Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
- Carson City Advocates to End Domestic Violence host run/walk (photo gallery)
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Northern Nevada
- Early voting begins in Carson City
- State of Nevada agency budgets seek elimination of state worker furloughs
- Inmate’s death ruled homicide at Carson City’s Northern Nevada Correctional Center