Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Sandoval says U.S. must keep presence in Afghanistan
- Carson First Presbyterian Church set to consider another affiliation
- Western Nevada College receives $4.4 million grant for job training
- Past Pages for Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014
- RSVP Nevada Day Carnival celebrates Nevada’s 150th birthday