Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Storey County’s past with Tesla goes back to Mark Twain
- Carson City birth announcements
- Photo gallery: CASI 5k/2k run-walk
- Senator Square: Clubs getting underway at Carson High School
- Photo gallery: Dayton Valley Days