Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
BBQ benefits Northern Nevada Fire Wives
Trending in: Local News
- Construction lethargy looking like history in Carson City
- Scientists, locals partner to combat Lake Tahoe's invasive species
- Nevada to receive $6.7 million in Homeland Security grant
- Carson, Reed renew rivalry tonight at Mackay Stadium
- Carson High School students hold 'Miracle Moment' to help family of student who died