Eight-year-old Devon McDaniel tries on firefighter turnouts at the Northern Nevada Fire Wives fundraiser barbecue at fire station 51 on Saturday. The nonprofit Northern Nevada Fire Wives was organized this year through the efforts of Renee Pedrini and other local firefighter wives after a firefighter friend of her husband’s was seriously injured, and four other firefighters died during a motel fire in Houston. Membership is open to the public, with annual dues at $15, and donations can be made on the organization’s website at www.nnfirewives.org.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature