Tim Galluzi (from left), Bob Crowder and Gary Armstrong, members of Marine Corps League Detachment 630 of Carson City, celebrated the 238th birthday of the Marine Corps on Nov. 10 at Mo & Sluggo’s. Part of the tradition in celebrating the date is the cutting of the birthday cake, and tradition dictates that the youngest and oldest Marines present share the honors. The oldest Marine was Bob Crowder, 90, of Carson City. Crowder is a World War II veteran who fought at the battles of Guadalcanal, Guam and Okinawa. The youngest Marine was Tim Galluzi, 27, who served two combat tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Detachment 630 meets on the third Thursday of each month at the Veterans Memorial Hall at Second and Curry streets. The meetings start with a potluck dinner at 6 p.m.
Marines mark milestone
Trending in: Local News
- Dayton crash injures 3, closes highway
- Old Scolari’s space in Carson City is getting a facelift
- JoAnne Skelly; Fruit cocktail tree good for those with limited space
- Local leaders join early-education push
- Nevada Highway Patrol promotes 2