Advocates to End Domestic Violence awarded $20K grant
February 26, 2013
The Mary Kay Foundation presented the Advocates to End Domestic Violence a $20,000 grant Monday at the Chamber of Commerce’s lunch meeting.
“The foundation and the many local consultants have been strong supporters of working to ensure that victims and their children have the protection and services they need to move from a life of violence to one of safety and hope,” according to Director Lisa Lee. Lee directs the Advocates to End Domestic Violence.
The Mary Kay Foundation is committed to helping women threatened by domestic violence, according to Carol Swanson in a news release. Swanson is a independent sales director.
The $20,000 grant is the third the Mary Kay foundation grant to go to Advocates, for a total of $60,000.
“Advocates, for the (District Attorney’s) office, play a great role,” District Attorney Neil Rombardo said. “Without them, we couldn’t successfully prosecute cases.”
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016