Alleged murder in Dayton a rumor
January 16, 2014
The Lyon County Sheriff's Office Detective Division says it has concluded that a rumor of a homicide at a home in the 100 block of Railroad Street in Dayton is false.
The office was tipped off about the rumor Jan. 4. The alleged murder reportedly took place before Thanksgiving, but no victim and no evidence of the crime were discovered.
The office conducted numerous interviews and crime-scene analysis and used a cadaver dog, according to a news release.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors