American Legion to host scholarship fundraiser
June 8, 2012
The local American Legion Auxiliary will host a Girls State Delegate Scholarships fundraiser on June 22 to send 10 local girls to a one-week retreat at Lake Tahoe to learn about Americanism and draft a bill that they will present to the Legislature.
The fundraiser is a tea party with an auction and finger foods. It is from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion Nevada Room, 606 Mountain St., in Carson City. The silent auction is from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 and must be purchased before the event. For tickets, call Louise Seidel at 775-885-0269 or Christine Ritger at 775-782-9791.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada