Amodei to serve as assistant whip
February 18, 2013
RENO (AP) – U.S. Rep. Mark Amodei says he’ll serve as an assistant whip for the House Republican Conference.
In that role, the Nevada Republican will work closely with House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy to help build a consensus on pending legislation.
McCarthy says Amodei’s knowledge of Western issues makes him a “welcome addition” to his team.
Amodei won re-election in November in the rural House district that stretches across northern Nevada from Reno to Elko.
He won a two-year term to the seat he won in a special election in 2011. He previously held seats in the state Assembly and Senate.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts