Annual Scandinavian Festival set for Oct. 13
October 4, 2012
The queen Maud Lodge #42 of Daughters of Norway will hold the 6th annual Scandinavian Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 13 at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 1201 Saliman Road.
The festival will showcase the rich traditions of Norway and other Scandinavian countries. There will be baked goods, food, arts and crafts, specialty treats, demonstrations, raffles and music with examples of traditional “Bunad” clothing. The “Rosmaling” art form will be featured in exhibits from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Lunch will include the popular “meatball sundae” and the classic Norwegian open-faced sandwich. Scandinavian items will be on hand, and the Viking Village storyteller will share tales with children.
For more information, call 775-762-3734.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary