Annual turkey round-up Wednesday at Mike’s Pharmacy
November 18, 2014
Mike's Pharmacy, 1007 N. Curry St., and News Talk 780 KOH will be collecting frozen turkeys from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday to fill Salvation Army holiday food baskets for families in need in Carson City and Douglas County.
Those who wish to help can bring frozen turkeys to the event, or cash donations can be made so the Salvation Army can buy turkeys. To make a credit card donation, call Mike's Pharmacy at 775-841-1400 from 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
Hundreds of families depend on the annual roundup for their Thanksgiving dinner. The Salvation Army shares the turkeys with several other agencies to help serve families in need.
The Salvation Army of Carson City provides services to more than 18,000 people each year Carson City, Dayton and Douglas County, helping with school supplies, emergency food and lodging, utilities, holiday assistance, summer day camp, before school care and summer camp.
For more information, go to carsoncitysalarmy.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman