Anti-abortion rally kicks off 40 days of prayer and fast
September 24, 2012
The 40 Days for Life campaign in Carson City starts with a kickoff rally at 6 p.m. Wednesday on the sidewalk across from Planned Parenthood, 1201 North Stewart St., as the pro-life community prepares to pray and fast for an end to abortion.
The fall effort also includes a “Youth for Life” rally on Oct. 20 and a closing prayer ceremony Nov. 3, both also across from Planned Parenthood.
Members of various Carson City and Carson Valley churches will join a national effort of praying and fasting for 40 days.
“We want to draw members of the community together to share the vision of 40 Days for Life and to pray for God’s blessings on this effort,” said Lori Courtney, coordinator for the Carson City 40 Days for Life campaign.
To learn more about 40 Days for Life, visit 40daysforlife.com.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016