Applicants sought for lodging slot on convention and visitors bureau board
April 19, 2013
A spot representing the lodging industry on Carson City's Convention & Visitors Bureau is open and applications are being sought from interested eligible candidates,
The Carson City Board of Supervisors seeks the applicants for the board that oversees all tourism matters for the community. Meetings are held the second Monday each month in the Community Center's Sierra Room and the position requires about six to eight hours monthly.
Applications are open and will be accepted until May 17 for the term, with interviews tentatively planned at a Board of Supervisors meeting on June 6. The person chosen for the open slot will be volunteering without compensation for a term expiring in July 2015.
Each applicant must be a representative of the hotel/motel operators in Carson City to be eligible for consideration to fill the open spot.
City boards, committees and commissions policy and procedures may be checked online at http://www.carson.org/volunteer.
Interested parties may also check with the Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., #2.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts