Applications taken soon for solar project rebates
April 12, 2013
The NV Energy SolarGenerations program will accept applications for the next round of proposed solar energy projects April 22 through May 17.
The program, established by the Legislature in 2003, has helped encourage customers to install more than 35 megawatts of solar power in the state since, according to NV Energy.
Successful applicants will be eligible for rebates to help offset their costs for photovoltaic panels installed to convert sunlight into electricity. Residential customers, small businesses, schools and public buildings are eligible. Rebates will range from $1.25 to $1.35 per watt for residential customers and small firms, and from $2.80 to $3.10 per watt for schools and public buildings.
For more information, go to nvenergy.com/renewablesenvironment and click “RenewableGenerations” on the left side of the page, call 866-786-3833 or send an email to RenewableGenera firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program participants must be NV Energy electric customers.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016