Army holding hearing on 2 killings at Fort Lewis
November 30, 2009
FORT LEWIS, Wash. – The Army is holding a hearing Monday at Fort Lewis that may lead to a court martial for the woman accused of killing two other soldiers and taking their baby.
Spc. Ivette Davilla, originally from Bakersfield, Calif., is facing charges of premeditated murder, burglary and kidnapping.
She’s accused of shooting and killing 27-year-old Sgt. Timothy Miller, Gardnerville, Nev., and his wife, 25-year-old Sgt. Randi Miller, in March of 2008 at their home in Tacoma.
Investigators say the chemical operations specialist poured muriatic acid over the bodies and took the couple’s 6-month-old daughter. The infant was not harmed.
Investigators say Davilla believed Randi Miller had a relationship with her ex-boyfriend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman