Ash Canyon Road to be closed indefinitely
April 17, 2017
Ash Canyon Road may be closed two miles beyond its pavement for the remainder of the year due to landslides and erosions caused by the wet winter weather, which could worsen with spring runoff.
Carson City Parks, Recreation & Open Space department said a new gate will prevent vehicle access beyond that point.
People can continue on foot or other non-motorized means to the Ash Canyon area and Marlette-Hobart Backcountry of Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park, but should travel cautiously.
The Nevada Department of Wildlife is planning to relocate the summer's fishing clinics from Hobart Reservoir to other areas.
The gate will remain closed until all required assessments are complete and the damage has been repaired.
For questions, contact Parks & Rec at 887-2262.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local
- Highway 395 closed for fatal wreck
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Lane shifts planned on Highway 50 for work on Carson City freeway
- Mark Estee, fellow Reno restaurateurs, to open The Union in downtown Carson City this summer
- Woman arrested after attempting to give drugs to prison inmate says Carson City Sheriff’s Office