Backpack claimed before bomb squad arrives
August 8, 2014
The owner of an unattended backpack found at the Topsy Lane Walmart claimed his property before the Tahoe-Douglas Bomb Squad arrived.
The unattended items were reported at about 3:45 p.m.
While the bomb squad was called, it hadn’t arrived before the owner of the backpack turned up.
The all-clear was given at 4 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016