Bicyclist killed in accident near Wadsworth
July 2, 2014
A bicyclist was killed when he was struck by a vehicle in an accident that happened near Wadsworth on Saturday, the Nevada Highway Patrol reported.
The highway patrol reported troopers were dispatched to the scene after 10 p.m. on State Route 447 about three miles north of Wadsworth. The crash investigation stated a 2005 white Chevrolet Cavalier driven by 54-year-old Gilbert R. Gardner of Winnemucca was traveling south on SR 447 at mile marker 3 Washoe when it attempted to pass a slower vehicle. The Cavalier struck a bicycle ridden by 41-year-old Trevor W. Johns of Nixon, who was traveling north on SR 447. Johns was pronounced dead at the scene.
That stretch of SR 447 is a 65 mile per hour zone and there's no roadway lighting or paved shoulders. Gardner is cooperating with law enforcement in the investigation. The highway patrol stated it doesn't believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
Trooper Mike Gocke of the highay patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is investigation the accident. Witnesses or anyone with information are encouraged to contact him at 775-689-4682 or email@example.com regarding case number NHP-140602484.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water