Bill Clinton stops by Genoa Lakes
July 12, 2017
Former President Bill Clinton stopped by Genoa Lakes Golf Club in Douglas County on Wednesday for a round of golf and relaxation.
Course owner Fred Gartrell said they were asked not to make a big announcement about the former president's visit, that Clinton was just "taking a break." He said the ex-president wasn't planning any public event.
"I'm the owner and they ran me off," said Gartrell, noting Clinton was accompanied by a contingent of Secret Service.
"They're out there playing right now," he said.
Gartrell said Clinton was headed up to Lake Tahoe on Wednesday evening for a speech.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose