Blood drive is Feb. 22 at courthouse
February 15, 2013
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office and the courthouse are organizing a Feb. 22 blood drive in the courthouse parking lot.
Walk-ins will be welcome, and an additional technician will be on duty.
United Blood Services needs blood this month because of cancellations and low turnout, said Monica Marcinko, a donor-relations specialist.
“It’s been a lot of people getting sick and a lot of people calling in,” she said. “Compared to even last month, this month is even worse” for donations.
The blood drive will be from 8-11:30 a.m., and a person wearing a red blood-drop costume will be on the corner, trying to entice passers-by.
To set an appointments, call Marie Martensen at 775-283-7895.
Those who cannot make the blood drive can donate at United Blood Services’ clinic at 256 E. Winnie Lane.
It can be reached at 775-887-9111.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary