Board of Appeals applicants sought
January 22, 2014
Carson City's Board of Supervisors seeks applicants for two positions on the Board of Appeals, which provides advice on city codes.
The supervisors are looking for a general contractor and a registered architect to serve on the board for terms that last until January 2016. Applicants should expect to make a minimum commitment of up to five hours monthly, according to a news release.
The volunteer board provides advice on building codes and fire codes. Those who apply should be aware their applications are considered public information.
Applications will be accepted until Feb. 14, and interviews by the Board of Supervisors are expected at its meeting Feb. 20.
More information is available at carson.org/volunteer or by visiting the Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., Suite 2, 89701.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’