Body identified as Incline resident Carl Strickland
August 26, 2014
A 40-year-old Incline Village resident was identified as the man whose body was found near the Sand Harbor boat docks on Friday.
Carl Strickland's body was discovered by students in a paddleboarding class, who saw what looked to be a body under the water near the docks, according to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies arrived at 10:50 a.m. to find the body tangled in some ropes tied to a boat. Strickland was pulled to the surface and pronounced dead by medics who responded.
Sheriff's Office detectives investigating the death believe the man had been working on the boat and appears to have entered the water on his own.
Although the circumstances of the death are still under investigation, there does not appear to be foul play related to the man's death at this time, officials said.
Exact cause of death will be determined by the Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact The Washoe County Sheriff's Office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition