Boy swept away in Carson River
June 3, 2003
Search-and-rescue teams are searching the Carson River downstream from Dayton for a 12-year-old boy who was swept away Monday evening.
The boy, who was playing in the river, was last seen at about 7:30 p.m., according to reports broadcast by KOLO-TV.
Lyon and Washoe county searchers, including divers, were looking downstream for the child.
Western Nevada rivers are running at full strength as warm temperatures melt the Sierra snowpack.
The Carson River is running at 2,580 cubic feet per second.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims