Bull smackdown coming to Carson
June 3, 2014
Nevada Guard marks Flag Day & Army's birthday
The Nevada National Guard will recognize and pay homage to the U.S. flag and celebrate the 239th birthday of the U.S. Army during the annual Nevada National Guard Flag Day ceremony at 10 a.m. June 13 in the Nevada Capitol Assembly Chambers.
Brig. Gen. Michael Hanifan, the commander of the Nevada Army Guard, is set to give the Flag Day address. Hanifan, a Douglas County resident, graduated from the U.S. Military Academy in 1986 and now commands the 3,100 soldiers in the Nevada Army Guard.
Command Sgt. Maj. Jared Kopacki will deliver the Army's birthday message. He has served as Nevada's state command sergeant major since September 2013 and is responsible for advising the adjutant general on all Nevada Army Guard enlisted affairs.
Admission to the event is free. For information, call 775-887-7218.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition