Burglary suspect arrested after nearly 24-hour manhunt
January 29, 2014
A man suspected of stealing weapons and other items from a Carson City home Monday has been arrested on suspicion of felony eluding.
According to Sheriff Ken Furlong:
The man was arrested about 2 p.m. Tuesday at Snyder Avenue and Golden Eagle Lane after someone reported a suspicion person.
A person who lives in the 500 block of Roundup Road confronted the man, Brandon Peart, 32, about 4 p.m. Monday. Peart threatened to hurt the resident, then fled with multiple weapons.
The resident described Peart's car, and a patrol unit found it about 7 minutes later. A pursuit at speeds of 100 mph followed, and Peart then crashed his car near the 6000 block of Rio Vista Lane and fled on foot, leading law enforcement on a more than 1-mile chase. The vehicle is registered to Peart's mother.
The burglary, along with a second burglary reported in the 4000 block of Quinn Road, are under investigation.
Units from Douglas and Washoe counties, as well as the Nevada Highway Patrol, assisted in the search.
Peart's bail was set at $25,000.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely