May 5, 2005
• RSVP Spring Fun Fair at Mills Park through Sunday. Features carnival rides, midway of fun, vendors, crafts and entertainment. Call 687-4680.
Mother’s Day Rotary Rose Sale, noon Friday through Sunday at FISH Thrift Store, 138 E. Long St. Price $20 per dozen; first-come, first-served. Call 882-8448.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56 holds a Rally for the Troops, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in front of Legislative Plaza, corner of Fifth and South Carson streets. All veterans and citizens welcome to bring an American flag or any banner in support of our troops in Iraq. Call 884-3377.
• Opening of US Bank/Langson Financial Center bank exhibit, 1:30 p.m. at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Call 884-2226.
• Meet the Artist public viewing and reception from 5-7 p.m. for Carson City artist Robin Travis, at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way.
• Dujeous performs at 11 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $5; 21-older only. Call 530-583-2801.
Recommended Stories For You
• Proscenium Players, Inc. present “Bleacher Bums,” 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, students and seniors, $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Sierra Chapter 403 second annual Fly In at the Carson City Airport on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Includes pancake breakfast and lunch Saturday for nominal donation; open to the public. Call 885-1945.
• Comstock Variety Show at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Piper’s Opera House on B Street, Virginia City. Features The Virginia City Theater Muckers, Gold Hill Theater Troupe and Red Rose Productions with Silver City Children’s Chorus. Tickets $10 at the door. Call 847-0433.
• Rebekah Bogard exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through May 27. Call 687-6680.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through May 8. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through May 8. Call 782-9711.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Annual First United Methodist Men’s Yard Sale, 7 a.m. to noon, 412 W. Musser St. Features wide assortment of merchandise including furniture and appliances, also Youth Pancake Breakfast. Call 882-1436.
• Boy Scout Troop 145 16th annual rummage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Seeliger Elementary School, 2800 S. Saliman Road. Raffle also to be held; tickets $1 each or 6 for $5. Call 882-3075.
• Spring Fling K-9 Event, sponsored by Carson City 4 Paws 4-H Dog Club, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fuji Park. A dog show and competition. Free to spectators; entrants need not be members of 4-H. Includes showmanship; obedience; agility and more. Entry is $5 per dog for first class; $3 for each additional class. Call 887-2252 or 849-9297.
• Annual March of Dimes WalkAmerica, 9 a.m. at Capitol Grounds. Registration and continental breakfast at 8 a.m. Register online at http://www.WalkAmerica.org or call 826-2166.
• AYSO Soccer registration, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Carson High School North Lobby, 1111 N. Saliman. Bring copy of child’s birth certificate (unless returning player); or by Internet at http://www.eayso.org.
• Free Pepsi Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit and Run Competition, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Four age groups available: 7-8; 9-10; 11-12; 13-14. Registration/waiver must be completed; e-mail email@example.com or call Zane Cole at 882-8820 or 450-6047.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group dog adoption event, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Petco Store, 955 Topsy Lane. Visit http://www.dawgrescue.com or call 267-9824.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1210 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 6 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Rap and soul artists Soul 2 Soul perform at 7 p.m. at The Solid Rock Cafe, 264 W. Winnie Lane. Free admission; call 721-5584.
• McAvoy Layne and Baron von Remmel present a sneak preview of “Nevada’s Story,” a musical comedy all about gambling in Nevada at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Cost $10 per person; proceeds benefit BAC Stage Kids. Call 883-1976.
• 4 PawsClub Dog Fun Match, 8 p.m. at Fuji Park. Call Sandy Wallin at 887-2252.
• e-Waste Day in Mound House, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 2nd Place thrift and consignment store, 10128 Highway 50 East, Mound House. Call 246-1779.
• Genoa Courthouse Museum opens for the season with an Open House and a Civil War event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 782-4325.
• A free concert of Romantic Spanish music, 4:45 p.m. at Genoa Town Hall, Main Street, Genoa, featuring Dr. Ruppel. Call 782-0568.
• 23rd annual Cinco De Mayo ICS Chili Cook-off in Virginia City. Cooks meeting at 10, cooking begins at 10:30 a.m., public tasting at 12:30 p.m. Tasting kits $2. Call 847-0311.
• Mark Twain’s Flour Sack Auction at Piper’s Opera House, 12 S. B St. in Virginia City. Call 847-0311.
• Fifth annual Big Mama’s Show and Shine, a day of food, music, and great looking classic cars and trucks at Lampe Park Pavilion, Gardnerville. Check-in from 8-10 a.m.; show and shine 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Awards at 3 p.m. Call for registration forms and information; 783-6455.
• Brain Cancer Awareness Week Extravaganza by Pau-Wa-Lu Leadership class, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Minden Park Pavilion. Includes car wash, barbecue, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, bake sale, silent auction and more. A benefit for UCLA brain cancer research in memory of Marty Cronin. Call Men Dedmon at 265-6100.
• Mark Twain Tonight! featuring Hal Holbrook at 8 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets $60; call (877) 639-3728.
• Topaz Sagehen’s annual Rummage Sale, a fund-raiser to give money back to the community at Topaz Ranch Estates Community Center.