California man arrested in Carson City on suspicion of meth possession
August 27, 2013
A 55-year-old Watsonville, Calif., man was arrested Thursday night at Brown Street and Edmonds Drive on methamphetamine-related and other counts.
According to a Carson City Sheriff's Office arrest report:
A deputy saw the driver of a 1998 Toyota 4-Runner not use his turn signal when turning from Reeves Street onto Brown Street. He pulled James Edmound Savage over, then requested a K9 after checking Savage's arrest records.
The dog, Tarzan, pointed deputies to a spoon with white residue on the surface and several hypodermic needles. The arresting deputy tested the residue; it tested positive as being methamphetamine.
Savage was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance, ex-felon failure to register, possession of drug paraphernalia and turn signal required. Bail was set at $2,500.
Savage remained at the Carson City Jail on Monday afternoon.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts