Cancer research fundraiser planned
June 27, 2013
Evergreen Gene’s in Carson City will host a Pink Day fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 6 to benefit cancer research. The store is at 1811 N. Carson St.
“We are donating 20 percent of all sales of pink items from plants, gourmet foods, gifts and Christmas items to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation,” Gene Munnings, president of the firm, said in a news release. He said his firm is part of a national campaign to raise $1 million for the foundation.
“There will be live music, food from local vendors, and a representative from David Austin Roses,” said Munnings, who added the representative will speak about “these unique roses.”
There also will be a raffle and a silent auction, Munnings said.
He asked that people donate items or gift certificates for the event, adding that the donations are tax-deductible. People can either send things to the store or contact him. If the item needs to be picked up, call 775-882-1807; otherwise, call Munnings at 775-530-0946.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016