Cars totaled, horses killed after collision
November 29, 2012
Two cars were totaled Wednesday morning after two feral horses were hit by a convertible.
The two horses were in both north-bound lanes of Old U.S. Highway 395 in Pleasant Valley, just north of Andrew Lane.
A 24-year-old woman hit the horses in the still-dark morning, totaling her car. She received minor injuries and was later driven to an urgent care facility.
Shortly after the woman crashed into the two horses, a white Ford F-150 moved into the right lane to avoid the woman’s crashed car and crashed into one of the downed horses. The man was not injured.
The northbound lanes of the highway were closed for two hours while the accidents were cleared and the two vehicles were towed.
“Motorists should be constantly vigilant for all wild and feral animals crossing the highway,” Trooper Chuck Allen said, adding, “Nevada is an open-range state.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Robert Freeman wins 50-miler at Carson City Off-Road; Lance Armstrong 4th