Carson Blue Jays split with Spanish Springs
June 16, 2012
The Carson Blue Jays split a double-header with Spanish Springs Friday afternoon.
Carson won the first game, 5-2, but dropped the second, 9-4.
Chazz Nystrom got the victory in the first game, with Brandon Allen coming in relief in the fifth inning to get the save.
Dustin Dutcher was 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI to lead Carson. He also had a single in the fifth. Gehrig Tucker, TJ Thomsen, Chase Blueberg and Tyler Valley each had a hit for the Blue Jays
Thomsen, Dutcher and Allen all pitched in the second game. Jace Zampirro was 3-for-3 with an RBI and Nevin Elliot went 2-for-3. Logan Krupp had a triple and an RBI.
The Blue Jays play again Sunday at 11 a.m. at Galena High School and will be at home on Tuesday at 5 p.m. against the Reno Knights.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat