Carson Chamber sponsors Comstock Cowboys at Nevada 150th Fair
July 2, 2014
The Carson Chamber is sponsoring the popular Comstock Cowboys as the featured act at the NV150Fair later this month.
"The Chamber board voted unanimously to support the fair by funding the Comstock Cowboys as our contribution to what could become a major economic boom to our city this year and in the future," said Chamber Chair Terrie McNutt.
The idea for a fair was first conceived by former Judge Robey Willis. Deputy City Manager Marena Works, who is a 4-H leader, embraced the idea and quickly assembled a committee to bring Willis' call for a Carson City fair to fruition. The Chamber has been part of the planning process.
The Comstock Cowboys will be the featured entertainment Friday, Aug. 1 beginning at 7:30 p.m. on the Main Stage. The cost is $15 per person for the concert and tickets can be purchased online by going to http://www.nv150fair.com or in person at the visitor's center located on the first floor at 1900 S. Carson St.
The fair will run from July 30-Aug. 3 at Fuji Park.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition