Carson City burning permits available next week
March 6, 2013
The Carson City Fire Department will begin to allow open burning, with a permit, starting on March 16 through April 14.
“The purpose … is to provide residents an opportunity to dispose of accumulated weeds and yard debris,” according to a news release from the fire department.
A burn permit with a valid permit number will be required before burning will be allowed and the permits must be obtained at least 24 hours before the burn.
Residents can get their permits at either of the Carson City fire stations starting on March 11.
Anyone with questions can call 775-887-2210 during regular business hours.
WHERE TO GO
Station 51 at 777 S. Stewart St., Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Station 52 at 2400 College Parkway or Station 53 at 4649 Snyder Ave., 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., if personnel are present.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary