Carson City businessman bound over for trial on embezzlement charges
January 29, 2016
Carson City businessman Lenny Chappell was bound over for trial in district court Friday on embezzlement charges.
Chappell was accused in the justice court preliminary hearing of taking more than $3,500 from the account belonging to Platinum Plus at Bank of the West and putting the money into the Downtown Business Association account.
He's the former president of that association and worked at the Platinum Plus Day Spa. Carson City Deputy Sheriff Doug Speegle said Chappell is charged with taking money from the association account and, when they discovered that, of trying to make restitution using money from the spa business.
Chappell is free on $20,000 bail. No trial date has been set in district court.
The case is being handled by Douglas County district prosecutors because Carson City District Attorney Jason Woodbury represented Platinum Plus as a private attorney before his election.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Advocate says deregulating Nevada energy market will benefit even small customers