Carson City Farmers Market to be bowled over Saturday
August 28, 2014
Empty Bowls Carson City, which provides a free pottery making program, will hold an event at the 3rd and Curry Street Farmers Market from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30.
The organization will also hold events at the remaining Farmers Markets on Sept, 6, 13 and 20. In addition, the organization will hold a community bowl making event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13 at The Childrens Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St.
All ages are welcome to the events as Empty Bowls members will work with those in making bowls for the Empty Bowl's Soup Feed Fundraiser to be held in early December at the Carson City Silver and Snowflakes Festival of Lights. No experience is necessary. Anyone is welcome to create a bowl to donate and help the Empty Bowls Carson City Project to feed the hungry.
All proceeds raised from the project are donated to FISH.
Local businesses, organizations and individuals are needed to volunteer or become sponsors. Sponsorship levels of $100 and $200 are available. For more information, contact Robin McGregor, Carson City Pottery, 775-313-8628 or email@example.com or visit EmptyBowlsCarsonCity.com
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition