Carson City Health Department food-service inspections for Feb. 26
March 13, 2013
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Feb. 26. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Bamboo Garden Restaurant, 3735 S. Carson St., scored 94 points. Food was noted stored in freezers, walk-in and reach-in refrigerators that was not stored in the original container and not dated or properly labeled. Chinese vegetables were noted stored in the original metal cans both in the refrigeration units and while food was being prepared in the cooking area. The inside walls of the dishwasher were noted to be heavily soiled. Wet wiping cloths were noted in the kitchen not kept in the sanitizing bucket with 100 ppm chlorine residual. The three-door refrigeration unit behind the cooking area doors were grease-laden and soiled. Door handles were also soiled.
• Bamboo Garden Sushi Bar, 3735 S. Carson St., scored 98 points. Sushi wrappers were noted to be stored without proper covering.
• Beijing Palace Bar and Lounge, 4250 Cochise St., scored 99 points. Linoleum floor behind bar near floor drains is cracking and difficult to clean.
• Beijing Palace Restaurant, 1250 Cochise St., scored 96 points. Foods not in original containers was stored in walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerators and freezers. Cooking equipment and fryers were soiled with grease and food debris. Garbage area cement pad was soiled with grease and refuse. The waste trash bin lids were not covered. Kitchen floors under cooking equipment were soiled with grease and food debris.
• Bethlehem Lutheran church Cafeteria, 1837 N. Mountain St., scored 100 points.
• Bordewich-Bray Elementary School Cafeteria, 110 S. Thompson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson Middle School Cafeteria, 1140 W. King St., scored 100 points.
• Empire Elementary School Cafeteria, 1260 Monte Rosa St., scored 100 points.
• Foodies Bystro, 449 W. King St., scored 100 points.
• Fremont Elementary School Cafeteria, 1511 Firebox Road, scored 100 points.
• Fritsch Elementary School Cafeteria, 504 Bath St., scored 100 points.
• Olive Garden Bar and Lounge, 4253 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Olive Garden Restaurant, 4253 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• San Marcos Grill Bar and Lounge, 260 E. Winnie Lane, scored 97 points. Soap and disposable paper hand towel dispensers were not available adjacent to the designated hand wash sink at the bar.
• San Marcos Grill Restaurant, 260 E. Winnie Lane, scored 98 points. Food not in the original container kept in walk-in freezers was not properly dated and labeled. Garbage trash bin lids were not closed.
• Save Mart Supermarkets Deli Department scored 96 points. Tongs for dispensing hot cooked meats were stored at ambient room temperature. Found slicing knives stored in a bucket of sanitizer solution. The prepared sanitizer bucket was sitting on a food-preparation surface. There was not measurable Quat sanitizer residual in the cloth storage bucket under the slicer. The meat and cheese slicers had food debris on them.
• Save Mart Supermarkets Meat Department scored 100 points.
• Seeliger Elementary School Cafeteria, 2800 S. Saliman St., scored 100 points.
• Smoke Shop, 1953 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Starbucks Coffee Company, 3328 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Subway, 3959 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.