Carson City health inspection results for Wednesday, March 27
March 29, 2013
Following Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for March 21. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Arco AM PM, 4340 N. Carson St., scored 96 points. Ice for sale packed in house was not properly labeled with address information. Liquid hand soap was not provided at the employee hand wash sink in the food-preparation area.
• Burger King, 3589 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Butler Meats, 1909 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Capital Christian Center, 1600 Snyder Ave., scored 86 points. Hand-wash sink was not easily accessible. De-icing salt was noted stored uncovered in the kitchen. Ice stored in freezer was not labeled or provided with information as to where it was obtained. Thermometers were not provided in all refrigerators and freezers. Beige home-style refrigerator was operating at 66 degrees. Floors under the cooking equipment were soiled.
• Carson High School Sports Field Concession Stand, 1111 S. Saliman Road, scored 99 points. Styrofoam cups need to be stored at least 6 inches off the floors.
• Charley’s Grilled Subs Caterer, 1304 S. Stewart St., scored 100 points.
• Charley’s Grilled Subs Restaurant, 1304 S. Stewart St., scored 100 points.
• China Chef, 3135 E. Highway 50, scored 99 points. The walls underneath the dishwasher need to be cleaned and the caulking along the wall and drain board contact replaced. The reach-in needs cleaning inside on all surfaces. Shelves under the prep tables need cleaning.
• CVS Pharmacy, 1980 N. Carson St. scored 100 points.
• Del Taco, 822 E. College Parkway, scored 93 points. Two reach-ins containing potentially hazardous foods have no refrigeration. Hamburger patties have an internal temperature of 55 degrees. Ambient air temperatures are at 69-70 degrees. Observed staff assembling ready to eat foods with bare hands, corrected on site.
• Eagle Gas, 2152 N. Carson St., scored 99 points. Found defrosted burritos in the reach-in without “use-by” dates. Found expired “use-by” dates on some candy bars on the shelves.
• Kei Sushi, 3220 E. Highway 50, Suite 4, scored 100 points.
• Mark Twain Elementary School Cafeteria, 2111 Carriage Crest Drive, scored 100 points.
• Maverik, 1451 College Parkway, scored 99 points. The floor sink in the kitchen that drains the customer soda dispenser is dirty with thick biofilm buildup.
• The Timbers, 124 E. Eighth St., scored 96 points. Rusty racks were noted in the utility reach-in refrigerator. No disposable paper hand towels were provided behind the bar for employee handwashing.
• Old Globe Saloon, 407 N. Curry St., scored 100 points.
• Ormsby Club, 600 S. Curry St., scored 100 points.
• Royal Inn, 1718 N. Carson St., scored 99 points. There is insufficient lighting inside the walk-in.
• Starbucks Coffee, 1410 E. William St., scored 97 points. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Subway, 2073 E. Highway 50, Suite 1, scored 91 points. Observed staff putting on clean gloves without first washing hands, corrected on site. The ceiling fan in the ladies’ bathroom is not operating properly. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler during all hours of food operations.
• Tito’s Restaurant Bar and Lounge, 444 E. William St., scored 99 points. Bar cooler racks were noted to be rusty.
• Tito’s Restaurant, 444 E. William St., scored 93 points. Cooked food was noted being cooled at room temperature. Food in walk-in, refrigerators and freezers was not dated and labeled. Bulk foods in large containers were not properly labeled. Waste bin lids were kept open.
• U.S. Submarine Base, 1894 E. Highway 50, Suite 10, scored 100 points.
• Y-Not Saloon, 152 E. Long St., scored 100 points.