Carson City Health Inspections for Aug. 7
August 13, 2014
Carson City Health Departments's food-service inspections for Aug. 7. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
Foddie's Bystro, 449 West King St., scored 100 points.
Firkin & Fox, 310 South Carson St. No. 100, scored 95 points. Foods in the make-up unit were 57 degrees and above, but were still within the 4-hour limit for safely before used or discarded. Observed a container of food being rinsed under the faucet in the kitchen hand sink. The main ice machine was dirty with biofilm build-up. The dipper well was not clean inside.
Burger King, 3589 North Carson St., scored 99 points. Some reach-ins were missing a thermometer.
McDonalds No. 2282, 2001 North Carson St., scored 100 points.
Carson City Municipal Golf Course, 3999 Centennial Park Dr., scored 95 points. Observed improper cooling of large container of hot chili. Some foods were stored on the floor in the walk-in. The ice machine was dirty with biofilm build-up. The floors needed cleaning under and around the syrup boxes, inside the walk-in, the floor sinks and under the soda dispensers at the front service counter.
McDonalds No. 7890, 3905 South Carson St., scored 91 points. There was no thermometer inside the condiment reach-in at the front service counter. There was an overflowing bucket of water inside the cabinet under the far left customer soda dispenser which was flowing onto the floor. There were leaks from the hose in the middle cabinet under the customer soda dispensers. The main ice scoop holder at the drive-thru window was dirty with biofilm build-up. The area above the nozzles on the customer soda dispenser were dirty with biofilm build-up. There was no paper towel dispenser in the ladies restroom. The hand dryer was broken. The roll of paper towels were in contact with standing water. There was a large gap under the rear kitchen door. A ceiling tile was missing in the dryer storage room. Observed some personal staff items laying on surface in the kitchen.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat