Carson City health inspections for June 13
June 19, 2013
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for June 13. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada, food facility, 1870 S. Russell Way, scored 100 points.
• Brugo’s Pizza Co., caterer, 3228 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Brugo’s Pizza Co., restaurant, 3228 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson City Municipal Golf, Eagle’s Landing, 3999 Centennial Park Drive, scored 95 points. A member of the staff was observed preparing ready to eat sandwiches with bare hands, corrected on site. At least one employee must be a certified food handler.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course, bar and lounge, 3999 Centennial Park Drive, scored 99 points. The customer ice scoop is stored against a liquor bottle.
• Carson City Municipal Golf Course, second-level buffet overflow area, 3999 Centennial Park Drive, scored 100 points.
• Club Envy, bar and lounge, 1500 Old Hot Springs Road, scored 92 points. The three compartment sink at the bar was not set up properly. Sanitizer buckets were not set up with wiping cloths to disinfect spills. There was not a soap dispenser and a disposable paper hand towel dispenser available at the bar hand wash sink.
• Club Envy, restaurant, 1500 Old Hot Springs Road, scored 79 points. The walk-in refrigerator was operating at 49 degrees. Hand wash facilities in the kitchen were not provided with a soap dispenser or disposable paper hand towels. Sanitizer was not provided in the kitchen near the three compartment sink and the dishwashing machine was not operating. There was a large gap on the rear entry door of the ice machine room. There was no soap in the men’s restroom.
• Country Store, 3389 E. Highway 50, scored 98 points. The bags of customer ice from the freezer are not labelled. The pastry sold at the front check-out counter is not labelled. The fan guards inside the walk-in are dirty with dust build-up. The weather stripping on the back door by the main ice machine is inadequate to prevent rodent entry.
• Denny’s Restaurant, 2299 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Eagle Gas, 1360 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Edmonds Park, food facility, 1555 Bennett Ave., scored 100 points.
• Governors Field, food facility, 500 Evalyn Drive, scored 100 points.
• International House of Pancakes, 3883 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Laundry Lounge, 1300 E. Fifth St., scored 95 points. Bulk hot dogs from a package were handled, prepared and served at the time of the inspection. The men’s restroom door was not self-closing.
• Lily’s China Bistro, 1280 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Los Caporales Supermarket, Meat Department, 1621 E. Highway 50, Suite G, scored 100 points.
• Los Caporales Supermarket, mobile food vehicle, 1621 E. Highway 50, Suite G, scored 97 points. Food was found stored in an opened metal can, corrected on site. The handles on the interior reach-in unit are broken.
• Pho Country, 2495 N. Carson St., scored 96 points. Foods were not stored properly in the walk-in (raw meats were stored over fresh, prepared produce), corrected on site. Some foods in the walk-in and in the chest freezer were not covered to protect them from pans of food placed on top of them, corrected on site. The magnetic knife rack in the dish washing room of the kitchen is dirty and has dirty utensils stored on it.