Carson City hosting food, turkey drives Thursday at Carson Nugget, Carson Mall
November 14, 2017
The annual Holiday for the Hungry High Five Turkey Drive will take place from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday.
The event, in which frozen turkeys will be accepted, will take place on Carson Street in front of the Carson Nugget (look for the FISH truck).
Drop off a frozen turkey to help FISH and the Carson Nugget provide a "Holiday for the Hungry" on Thanksgiving. Donations of canned sides also are welcome.
Cash donations of $10 or more also are welcome. For information, call FISH at 882-3474.
The Carson Mall is collecting food from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to noon Saturday to complete Thanksgiving food baskets for Friends in Service Helping. Nonperishable foods, especially mixed fruit, green beans, corn, yams, gravy envelopes and broth are needed. On Friday, The Salvation Army and Max Casino will hold a turkey donation drop-off at 900 S. Carson St., starting at 6 a.m. Call 775-883-0900 for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Teri Vance: Fundraisers to help families of rollover victims