Carson City man, 26, killed in motorcycle crash in Mound House
August 23, 2013
A Carson City man died in a motorcycle crash about 6:20 p.m. Monday in Mound House.
Anthony Laffoon, 26, was driving south on Industrial Parkway at 55 to 65 mph in a 25 mph speed zone when he lost control at Brown Way, said Lyon County Sheriff’s Lt. Rob Hall.
He was taken to Renown hospital via Care Flight.
Hall said Laffoon’s family thinks he died while en route.
Laffoon was driving a Harley-Davidson and wasn’t wearing a helmet, Hall said.
“Anytime you’re riding an off-road vehicle or motorcycle, you should be wearing a helmet,” Hall said. “Even though this was a street bike, it’s kind of the same message as seatbelts. They save lives.”
There are no indications that alcohol played a role in the crash, Hall said.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016