Carson City man allegedly struck man with wrench
March 5, 2013
A Carson City man allegedly threw a wrench at another man’s head, missed, and then hit him in the head with it Friday afternoon at Applegate Way and Northgate Lane.
According to an arrest report:
Kyle Carpentar, 24, threw the wrench at the victim after the victim had his mother pull over because he had seen his ex-girlfriend motioning. Carpentar approached the Jeep once it pulled over and then threw the box wrench, shattering a window and denting the window frame. The victim’s 2-year-old son was in the Jeep near where the wrench hit. Carpentar then hit the man in the head.
Carpentar was arrested later that evening in the 1900 block of North Carson Street on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon, child endangerment, destruction of property and violation of pretrial conditions. Bail was set at $36,000.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016