Carson City man arrested for allegedly stealing mother’s car
January 6, 2014
A 51-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 1600 block of Brown Street on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property, as well as possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to the arrest report:
A deputy pulled John Andrew Zglinski over about 1 p.m. Friday because he was driving a vehicle that matched the description of a vehicle that was reported stolen. Zglinski's mother reported the 1995 Honda Accord stolen in late December.
Zglinski said he'd ignored his mother's requests to return the vehicle because he was being selfish and "a butthead." The deputy asked if Zglinski knew his mother was in the hospital, and he said he did, but he hadn't visited her.
A deputy found a small marijuana pipe in Zglinski's pocket. Total bail on the two counts was set at $26,000.
Zglinski remained at the Carson City Jail on Monday evening.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’