Carson City man arrested in Saturday night shooting at Fairview and Desatoya drives
March 21, 2013
A Carson City man was arrested Sunday night, a day after a shooting at Fairview and Desatoya drives.
Gregory Lara, 21, was arrested at 8:30 p.m. at his home in the 200 block of South Carson Meadows.
A deputy was approached by a woman who said she had video of the shooting.
A rock was thrown through a car window, which led to the shots being fired, according to the sheriff's office.
When the deputy asked the man if he knew why the deputy was at his home, he replied "the shooting," according to the arrest report. Lara reportedly told the deputy the pistol he used was in his home and gave deputies permission to retrieve it.
Lara also told deputies he was scared of gang members who who'd thrown the rock through his car window, so he shot at them "at least five times," according to the arrest report.
Lara was arrested on suspicion of discharging a firearm at an occupied dwelling and discharging a firearm within city limits. Bail was set at $20,622.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- South Carson Street open house Wednesday