Carson City man arrested in stabbing
January 2, 2014
A 67-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 4:23 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon.
According to the man's arrest report:
Deputies were dispatched to a motel on a report of a stabbing. When they arrived, they found a man who'd been stabbed in one of the rooms, and a deputy noticed fresh drops of blood in front of another room, as well as on the door. The man said Billy Darrell Harris had stabbed him, and deputies went to his room. Harris repeatedly yelled something unintelligible from inside and eventually opened the door.
Deputies found a witness who said Harris and the other man were arguing in a room, and as the other man turned toward the door, Harris lunged at him and stabbed him. The man came downstairs, bleeding, and was taken to the motel office. The witness said she saw Harris looking out his window, laughing at her.
Deputies found four knives in Harris' room. His bail was set at $30,000.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts