Carson City man arrested in stabbing
January 2, 2014
A 67-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 4:23 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon.
According to the man’s arrest report:
Deputies were dispatched to a motel on a report of a stabbing. When they arrived, they found a man who’d been stabbed in one of the rooms, and a deputy noticed fresh drops of blood in front of another room, as well as on the door. The man said Billy Darrell Harris had stabbed him, and deputies went to his room. Harris repeatedly yelled something unintelligible from inside and eventually opened the door.
Deputies found a witness who said Harris and the other man were arguing in a room, and as the other man turned toward the door, Harris lunged at him and stabbed him. The man came downstairs, bleeding, and was taken to the motel office. The witness said she saw Harris looking out his window, laughing at her.
Deputies found four knives in Harris’ room. His bail was set at $30,000.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016