Carson City man arrested on 2 felony drug counts
November 5, 2013
A 27-year-old Carson City man was arrested at 8:18 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of East Long Street on suspicion of two felony drug counts.
According to the Carson City Sheriff's Office:
The Special Enforcement Team went to the home of Mark Emory Samuels to serve violation-of-a-suspended-sentence warrant. Team members saw numerous bottles of alcohol in the apartment; Samuels is barred from drinking alcohol as part of his sentencing agreement. They also saw a small pill bottle containing marijuana, a large bong and a marijuana pipe.
A K9 unit alerted deputies to a cooler on Samuels' bed that contained more marijuana. They also found a bag containing a crystal-like substance resembling Ecstacy, and Samuels had nearly $900 in his wallet.
Samuels was arrested on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance for sale, felony possession of a controlled substance, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of a suspended sentence. Total bail was set at $11,500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population