Carson City man in jail after allegedly sexually assaulting daughter
June 13, 2013
A 38-year-old Carson City man accused of sexually assaulting his 16-year-old daughter was in jail Thursday, with bail set at $100,000.
The Nevada Appeal is withholding the man's name to protect the identity of his daughter.
According to his arrest report, Carson City Sheriff's deputies were called to the family's home at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. The teen had gone to bed after drinking alcohol with a friend at the home.
Her father walked into the room later, while she was sleeping, and touched her genitals. She told deputies she awakened during the incident but didn't remember much because she was under the influence of alcohol.
In the morning, the teen told her father she remembered everything. He asked her to keep it a secret, and she told her mother. Her mother called 911.
The father gave written consent to a DNA swab and was arrested.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Carson City officials recognized for mental health efforts
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office