Carson City man in jail after allegedly sexually assaulting daughter
June 13, 2013
A 38-year-old Carson City man accused of sexually assaulting his 16-year-old daughter was in jail Thursday, with bail set at $100,000.
The Nevada Appeal is withholding the man's name to protect the identity of his daughter.
According to his arrest report, Carson City Sheriff's deputies were called to the family's home at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. The teen had gone to bed after drinking alcohol with a friend at the home.
Her father walked into the room later, while she was sleeping, and touched her genitals. She told deputies she awakened during the incident but didn't remember much because she was under the influence of alcohol.
In the morning, the teen told her father she remembered everything. He asked her to keep it a secret, and she told her mother. Her mother called 911.
The father gave written consent to a DNA swab and was arrested.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016