Carson City plans Arbor Day celebration on Friday
April 26, 2017
Carson City celebrates its 23rd year as a Tree City USA on Friday.
The Arbor Day celebration starts at 1 p.m. in Mills Park, on the west side adjacent to the Oxoby Loop.
A tree will be planted and proclamations from Gov. Brian Sandoval and Mayor Bob Crowell read. The Carson City Library's Book Bike will be on hand.
Also, free tree seedlings will be available to the first 50 attendees.
The celebration continues at 2 p.m. at the steps of the Capitol Building, where arborist Tom Henderson will conduct an educational tree walk.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose