Carson City road report: Bypass work on Snyder Ave. to begin on Monday
March 10, 2013
The following information applies to March 11-17:
On Monday a major project to continue work on the Carson City Freeway will begin. Snyder Avenue will be closed between East Roland Street and Center Drive. This portion of Snyder Avenue will remain closed for about nine months to allow for the construction of a bridge. Center Drive and Silver Sage will also be closed south of Appion Drive to south of the existing Snyder Avenue. Those streets will be closed permanently to through traffic. Detours will be marked. Residents should expect additional roads serving north-south traffic to be closed in coming weeks, including Frontage Road and Bigelow Drive.
The left lane of the southbound off-ramp from I-580 to access William Street and US 50 will be closed Tuesday through Thursday. The right lane of the ramp will remain open to traffic.
Utility work in the City will have the following traffic impacts:
• There will be daytime work in the parking lane of Jewell Avenue Monday to Wednesday.
• There will be daytime work along Fermi Road from Thursday to Friday. The work will be in the shoulder except for the crossing of Fulton Court, which will require flagger control with minimal delays.
• There will be daytime work on Glenbrook Circle on Thursday and Friday. The work will require flagger control with minimal delays.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water