Carson City Salvation Army computer lab opening next week
May 12, 2013
A new computer lab at the Carson City Salvation Army office on Colorado Street opens officially on Thursday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The event will take place at 11:30 a.m. in the office at 661 Colorado St., according to Lt. Mark Cyr of the Salvation Army. He said expected participants include the Carson City Chamber of Commerce, officers and advisory board members of the local Salvation Army, and others.
"The room will have four refurbished computers and Internet access," Cyr said in a news release.
The public may use the computers and Internet for free to seek jobs, get online applications, search for information on government aid programs, or seek training, according to the Salvation Army. Staff at the office will be available to provide assistance.
The ceremony is being held during National Salvation Army Week, the 60th annual such week, which runs this year from May 13-19.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts