Carson City Sheriff’s Log:
May 15, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 11 a.m.: A Carson City man was arrested on suspicion of three counts of petty larceny as well as two contempt of court warrants and as hold from Douglas County. Total bail was set at $6,750.
• 11 a.m.: A Reno woman was booked on a contempt of court warrant. Bail was set at $455.
• 1:30 p.m.: A 20-year-old Carson City man was booked on a contempt of court warrant. Bail was set at $500.
• Two reported motorcycle gang members from Reno were arrested on suspicion of trespassing and obstructing following a 7:26 p.m. incident in the 300 block of South Carson Street after the business owner reportedly saw them carrying weapons while consuming alcohol. Deputies advised the business operator Nevada law permits them to carry weapons openly but that he could have them barred from his property unless they removed the weapons. Both men refused to leave the premises and refused to remove their weapons. They also refused to give deputies their ID. They were arrested on suspicion of trespassing and obstructing an officer. Bail was set at $450 apiece.
• A 48-yeaer-old man was arrested on suspicion of resisting a public officer and violation of conditions of his suspended sentence after deputies were dispatched to 402 N. Carson Street on a report of a highly intoxicated subject. Reporting parties said the man was so drunk they were afraid he might fall into traffic. When asked for his ID, the man allegedly cussed at deputies and refused. In the struggle that followed, he was pepper sprayed in the face and handcuffed. The second charge was filed after dispatch informed arresting deputies the man had a suspended sentence condition prohibiting him from consuming alcohol. Bail was set at $1,250.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.