Carson City Sheriff’s Log: 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of DUI
March 19, 2014
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• 11:55 p.m.: Tyler Ortiz, 18, of Carson City was arrested at Roop Street and Northridge Lane on suspicion of DUI-first offense, suspended registration, no proof of insurance and minor consuming alcohol. According to Ortiz's arrest report, a deputy learned his registration was suspended, then smelled alcohol when he pulled Ortiz over. Ortiz reportedly denied having had alcohol, then showed impairment on field sobriety tests. He reportedly had blood-alcohol levels of 0.141 and 0.146. Total bail was set at $1,800.
• 4:56 p.m.: A 29-year-old Dayton man was arrested in the 1600 block of Old Hot Springs Road on a violation-of-a-protection-order warrant out of Carson City. Bail was set at $3,000.
• 2:05 p.m.: A 23-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at College Parkway and Imperial Way on a making-a-false-report warrant out of Carson City. According to the woman's arrest report, a deputy was called to the area on a report of a traffic crash, then learned of the warrant. Bail was set at $1,000.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people committing crimes. Anyone with information is asked to call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers remain anonymous.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts